I think I may have to start wearing a sign with 'Not a just a piece of meat!' on my forehead.
See I've been disappointed in men again. I don't know why I even bother getting my expectations up because its the same everytime. I think he's being a genuine nice guy & wants to help me & he just sees me as a piece of meat. Doesn't matter whether he's 17 or 70. They're all the same. I thought he was offering me a job or telling me about his work but he just wanted my number so he could pester me & ask me out even though he knows my age & he's well into his mid 40's. Nonetheless, I have the important details now & don't need to see him more than at work whilst he's visiting his dad. The stupid thing is that he seemed like a genuine nice guy therefore I don't see where this came from... He's 45 for crying out loud. He's my step dads age (ish) & its totally ruined the excitement of getting such an amazing opportunity for Petr. I mean this could change everything, it'd be amazing but its such a big risk & the fact that I can't properly share because he's unavailable & the fact that this nice guys being such a perv, its just not right. I don't see what old men find so attractive in me, especially when I tell them my age, this is becoming sicker by the month.
On the other hand though, I look at this as an opportunity. It's not difficult to ignore somebody's texts and possible advances if there is that much as stake. I mean this is the perfect career for Petr right now, in my opinion of course therefore it would be amazing if he finished his degree, didn't have to start a new one, then come here for a 3 year apprenteship whilst also getting paid to study and eventually end up going into the career he wanted of marketing. This job would open up so many opportunities for him, it would be perfect. The location as well. The fact that I got this opportunity to offer him, it's just too good to miss. I just wish I could share my excitement with him rather than sit here on my arse; also I can see how annoying my excietement will be because it is a big deal and it's his life. He has to consider this big time and wait for another possible job opening in Bristol until he finishes his degree... again, hypothetically.
This is all just in my mind of the future if he chose to take this risk. But the company is amazing, the new upcoming thing and I could help him get this job. If he is willing to take this risk, then I am willing to feel insecure from an old man for a while. I am just so excited for such an opportunity, also the fact that I got work experience in a soliciters' office today which pretty much makes my life complete right now. Other than the revision which I should be doing right now.
This is a link to the company's website, it really is the perfect job in my eyes. A perfect opportunity!

No comments:
Post a Comment