
After watching tonight's live X factor show once more I have to admit I have been completely enchanted by Jamie 'Afro' Archer. Right from his very first audition I loved his entire persona; from the frizzy afro to the graspy voice and 70's hippie style, he was born to be an entertainer. Considering that this is definitely his last chance at the big break, the coninscidences of this years X factor auditions could not have come at a better time for this gorgeous man's 'big break'.
.
.
At the age of 33 he has gained sufficient experience in the industry right in the middle of the big city of London and is at the peak of both, his physical and vocal abilities. Therefore if all his effort is rightly accounted for and he wins this year's X factor he could easily become one of the most influencial alternate music genre figures of today. Luckily, Jamie hit the jackpot with mentor Simon Cowell, well known for many different specific characteristics but none the less a fabulous brain box within the music industry, both old/ new, popular/ alternative, a perfect tutor and role model for the oldest entrant in this year's competition, Archer.
.
.
Singing is not Jamie's only ability as he is also a master at guitar and would possibly even have the ability to put together a one man band, surely this not being necessary after showing his unreal talent to the nation. Even though he has stated that performing without an instrument pains him and that he has never previously performed without one, even if it were only his trusted tambourine. It is therefore clear that in the upcoming shows he will perform in his comfort zone with his guitar and maybe other insturments also, that is if he is to stay in, but I have no doubt that this will happen as he is one of the public's favorite.
.
.
This middle aged musician is clearly the most detirmined out of this year's finalists due to this being his last chance causing him to show his upmost best every week. Because of his background and such ambitions even after years of only singing in bars and small gigs around central London, I admire this man enormously, even more so after tonight's performance. I don't ever vote for anybody on reality shows but I may have to make an exception for this gorgeous man, trully a gem in the rough. I confess that for once I look forward to next Saturday night when I settle down on the sofa with a few friends, my cats and a bottle of Chardonnay just to enjoy this extraordinary performance.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
[Jamie Archer's performance of Christina Aguilera's 'Hurt'- 17/10/2009]
.
.
.
I wish you all good night-
I wish you all good night-
.
Eve Anna x
No comments:
Post a Comment