Thursday, 3 March 2011

Inequality; rugby v make up.



I've felt guilty in the past few days, just because I haven't written in a while... but I have to say, that fact that my boyfriend was here for the first time in a month & for the last time for 4 months, it's a reasonable enough excuse. Anyway, he's been gone for 4 days now so my brain has started contemplating other things but complete infatuation for the first time in almost a month. Today I started thinking about why it's so important that the popular guys are the best on the sports teams whilst the girls don't have to do anything but look good.

It's realistically a ridiculous double standard. I'm not complaining as such but it just seems so ridiculous. On the other hand the girls do starve themselves which isn't right I suppose. They do try keep fit as well by going to the gym now and then. watching their diet but it's not like they have to prove themselves. Guys do. They have to be the captain of the rugby team, the heavy weight youth champion, a tennis coach... I mean I'm talking about real examples here... These guys are my friends. I was talking to one in form today, he's a goodl ooking guy, clearly popular but he's not a twat; not up his own arse. And then as we were chatting, I found otu he's the captain of the rubgy team. What? Okay it may be the 2nd squad but still... I mean if a guy like that has to achieve such a position just to gain that bit of popularity, whats the equivalent of what a girl has to do? This brings a whole new meaning to the glass ceiling, only the other way around. A girl in his position needs to giggle a little, starve herself for a week, slap on some make up and bam presto, she's the shit. I mean what's that about? However the downside of that is that she gets treated like a bimbo so good bye future career opportunities.

Look an average looking rugby player, dating who?
Oh Emma Watson back in the day...
See my point?


Just a thought...

It's all bollocks to me. I mind my own business, socialise and get on with it. kthxbaix
- Eve Anna x

No comments:

Post a Comment