Saturday, 20 November 2010

SLUTEVER: guilty pleasure or sick blog?

Last week, during a night with the girls and a few glasses of wine; conversation moved on to men and sex as usual however the topic had an interesting twist. My friend showed me this amazingly interesting blog http://karleywhatever.squarespace.com/ . A bit twisted, that I have to admit, but none the less, ever so interesting. It really humbles my blogs; I wish I had the guts to discuss my sex life so openly and have such 'out there' debates about fetishes, sexual partners etc. Despite not being able to begin to compare myself to Karley; we all have a bit of her inside us in my opinion (no innuendos intended please) but we all learn to hide this side of us under the numerous rationalisations of every day life. She actually researches her topics and has a variety unlike my one sided rants. Although one big difference is the style of our lives; I'm a law student who used to do the whole drugs scene but grew out of it before 18; wouldn't ever dream of starting again, where as it's part of a daily routine for her; fuck it, why not?

It's pretty fucked up though; the kinda thing you want to look at when you're in a mood to be completely weirded out. I mean look at the pictures people send to her which she then puts up? I just don't get it; it must be purely for entertainment value (money's a nice bonus though). But I mean why would you do this? It's just not a pretty picture whatsoever.. She also has numerous sex slaves that she writes about; both from far and near but they basically finance her life; interesting way of maintaing her trend setters' lifestyle.

[copyright slutever.]

I do have to admit though, some of her less controversial entries make for a good read (actually all of them do!), there are entries about fashion, people, lifestyle; what to do and not to do according to Karley. From lesbian fetishes to 1st lady pearl accessories. Her style of writing is another thing; it's just to humourous! She even rememebrs the conversations with friends with all their glorious explicity...

F:“I got raped last night.”
K:“Oh really? Who was it this time?”
F:“I don’t know, some horrible girl. She was sooo old as well. Like 29.”
K:“That is so fucking old.”
F:“I know.”
K:“Felix, do you ever think you might be confusing being raped with sleeping with someone you don’t actually like?”
F:“Um, I don’t know, maybe. Is there a difference?”
K:“I think there is, yeah.”
F:“Oh.”
[copyright slutever.]

A casual roommate conversation! Or this whole blog entry in general, it's genious!!


Slutever is definitely not my cup of tea for a friend figure however when drunk, with the girls and up for a giggle and interesting conversation, this is the place to go to. I don't know why I've dedicated a blog to her, sh'es artistically brilliant and INSANE, however I think she deserves credit for being brave enough to stand out, ignore all the abuse she gets for this and just take the compliments and admirers gained.

Her approach to life?
'Life is too short to not live it. Fuck it!'

Not all bad really, is it? Some of us could take a little from this, relax and enjoy ourselves a little without worrying about everything and anything.

- Eve Anna x

No comments:

Post a Comment